A versatile communication, marketing and sales professional, John is a creative problem solver with experience in developing, designing and executing team projects in print, social media, video and digital advertising spaces. He’s a passionate entertainer with skills in live-event promotion, hosting, and connecting with an audience.
PDF Printable Version of CV
Marketing Director / Video Producer / Event Host
USA: 1146 North Formosa Ave apt 4, West Hollywood, CA 90046
Europe: Strelitzer Str. 51, 10115 Berlin, Germany Email: John(at_sign_goes_here)johnbaum.com
01/2003 – Present
Baum Squad Productions; West Hollywood, California, USA
Award-winning freelance video production company – Producer / Director / Editor
• Developed creative video projects from inception, writing, pre-production, production, editing and completion to final delivery including: music, comedy, instructional, event and corporate videos
• Directed projects with up to 50 people with tight shooting schedules
• Created yearly Oktoberfest videos for Alpine Village Oktoberfest viewed live by 70,000 yearly: Oktoberfest Gangsta, Oktoberfest Night, Oktoberfest – We Love it!, Oktoberfest Love Shack, Pour Some Lager on Me!, and The Chicken Dance
• Winner of Sony/Crackle Studios’ Moving Targets- Freestyle Sketch Competition with “Hollywood Rumble” (total cross-platform views of over 500k+)
04/2005 – Present
Screen Actor’s Guild; Hollywood, California, USA
Premier actor and performer’s union – Television and Film Actor/ Live Event Host/ Improv Comedian
• Used acting skills of memorization, perspective, engagement and improvisation
• Acted in productions including: Bones, Roseanne, Silicon Valley, Alex Inc.
• Collaborated with other actors and directors in order to streamline production
• Performed in over 300 shows, films and live stage appearances
Jeanette’s Edelweiss; Newbury Park, California, USA
German restaurant – Project-basis work as Head of Marketing: planning and organizing the local Oktoberfest
• Consulted with management to ascertain ideal campaign strategy
• Worked hand-in-hand with management to produce engaging video and print content for Oktoberfest event
• Designed and delivered promo materials increasing nightly earnings by 300%
11/2013 – 01/2017
Alpine Village; Torrance, California, USA
LA’s premier German restaurant, market and event center – Head of Marketing (Ticket Sales / Public Relations)
• Took sole responsibility for the implementation of a yearly marketing budget in excess of 100k
• Created strategic partnerships with organizations and companies to increase revenue and prominence, including: Toyota, Herbalife, University of Southern California, University of California Los Angeles, Big 10 Club of SoCal, The Chive
• Directed a team of 10 creative professionals
• Strategized and optimized social media and web platforms using data analytics
• Increased Facebook followers from 6k – 26k
• Created viral sweepstakes and a viral video promotions with the highest engagement and lowest CPM in the history of social media at Alpine Village
09/2010 – 10/2016
Alpine Village Oktoberfest; Torrance, California, USA
California’s oldest and largest German heritage festival – Stage Director (German Band Liaison / Event Host)
• Directed the O-fest stage show with responsibility for coordinating live music, choreography, sound, lights, video and special effects for a team of 27.
• Performed as “Festmeister Hans”, singing , dancing and performing games for 4
hours per night over two months
• Produced/ directed/ edited/ wrote and performed yearly original Oktoberfest music videos: Oktoberfest Gangsta, Oktoberfest Night, Oktoberfest We love it, Oktoberfest Love Shack, Pour Some Lager on me (see video production job category for links)
• Provided entertainment for over 70k paid annual guests over the course of twomonths for the past seven years with annual revenue exceeding $1 million USD
Concordia Language Villages – IBM; Sao Paulo, Brazil
International Youth Language Camps – “Hometown, Brazil” – English Language Dean / Director
• Established the first CLV English language camp in South America by developingand implementing curriculum for a two-week English sleep-over camp.
• Worked with IBM Brazil offering a special program through their Work/Life dept.
• Developed effective Public Relations through local media, Rotary International, IBM, Cargill, Bosch and BP
• Directed a team of 15 international counselors and 5 Brazilian staff to create an exciting English language program for over 50 Brazilian students ages 11-18.
• Constant growth of 50% year-over-year for all 4 years of the program
Barrett Group; El Segundo, California, USA
Full service sweepstakes management and marketing for national clients – External Sweepstakes Communications
• Managed external promotional communications for national campaigns including: Target, Phillips 76, Old Navy, Gap and Waste Management.
• Developed experience in a fast paced professional advertising agency
BA Communications Arts (Emphasis TV/Film) – University of Wisconsin, Madison ’01
BA German (Emphasis Literature/ Dialectology) – University of Wisconsin Madison ’01
SKILLS & INTERESTS
Languages: English (native), German (fluent – C2), Spanish (proficient), Portuguese (basic)
Programs: Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut, Avid, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office
Interests: Hiking, Travel, Science, Singing, Guitar, Drums, Soccer, American Football
If you’re interest in adding John to your team or hiring him for your project, please don’t hesitate to send an email!